What the . . . Pearl Cream?
*What the…Friday? is a weekly Friday feature in which I resuscitate a video relic from the swampy pits of Pop Culture Wasteland.*
Today: What the Pearl Cream?
There are some things that should probably get by without my commentary.
(1.) My husband’s driving.
(2.) My dad’s email forwards.
(3.) Mildly offensive commercials from the ’80s.
Yet that’s never stopped me thus far.
Although, today I’m thinking I should probably let our WTF? feature speak for itself.
But not before I set the stage with a few relevant details.
- In 5th grade, I memorized every line of this commercial.
- I recited it to amuse small crowds in the lunchroom.
- I swear on my dead hamster Cleo that I didn’t slant my eyes.
- I stand before you as a culturally sensitive person today.
- I like Asia.
- I like pearls.
- I like the words pulverized into a lustrous powder.
- I still don’t get how there are pearls inside of oyster shells.
- I still don’t get why there are pearls inside of face cream.
- I wished Janet was my grandma.